Friday, December 12, 2008

My final one.

This is a response to the Presidents Power to Detain.
Rachel,
I completely agree with you about the President and his right to detain American citizens, but here’s my take on the situation. First I want to say that if al-Marri had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks then they (in my opinion) could hold, question, and torture him and I couldn’t give a crap about it. Anyone who had any thing to with that needless waste of human life disserves worse than that (again in my opinion.) But as for the President, he’s the President, and can do almost any thing that he wants to, and if he so chooses, no one would ever know about it. That’s the beauty about the job, he has so much pull and control over what goes on, and no one could really do a damn thing about it. Yes the person should be thrown into the judicial system, but that’s what “Gat-mo” is for, that’s their judicial system. If they wanted they could “lose” a person in the system and no one would know any better. And because Bush is the president, and because we are in a state of war, he can hold anyone for as long as he wants as long as he thinks that they still have information on any national security matter. Well it has been a pleasure, and good luck (to all of you) in the future.

Jason H.

No comments: